SystemMen - Create the first repository on Gitlab. In this article, I will guide you to create your first project. This will be where you store the code for your first project.
Register for a free account on Gitlab
First, you need to access this link and register for a free account.
For personal use, store individual projects or simply want to learn to use Git and Gitlab. A free account is enough for you to use.
Create a repository on Gitlab
After you have an account, log in to the system.
New project button in the upper right corner as shown in the image below.
Next, you will name the name of the repository you want to create, fill in the description for this repository.
Here, you will see two options are
- Private: only you or your authorized members can access this repository.
- Public: everyone can access this repository without authentication. Most open source projects use Public, because they want to receive contributions from the community.
README file is a file that can be said as a brief document of the project. You can choose to create the file automatically and change the content later. Or you don’t choose to create it automatically, you can create it later.
After you click
Create project, you will see the window like image below, so you have successfully created a repository for your first project.
In the framework of this article, I only guide you how to create a Gitlab repository just like that. In the next article, I will show you how to use Git and store code on it.If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more video tutorials. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.
If you appreciate what we share in this blog, you can support us by:
- Stay connected to: Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | YouTube
- Subscribe email to recieve new posts from us: Sign up now.
- Start your own blog with SSD VPS - Free Let's Encrypt SSL ($2.5/month).
- Become a Supporter - Make a contribution via PayPal.
- Support us by purchasing Ribbon Lite Child theme being using on this website.
We are thankful for your support.